ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] red tail ribbons

Re: [endurance] red tail ribbons

Robertson Ranglers (roberc@pacific.pacific.net)
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 20:31:48 -0700

Linda,

At 12:16 PM 4/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I feel that using red ribbons for kickers/mares in heat, yellow for
>stallions, and green for green horses is a simple courtesy. It alerts
>other riders & helps to keep you & your horse from an embarrassing
>(if not dangerous) situation.

The use of all those ribbons is OK if everyone else riding knows what they
are for. I have never heard of using green or yellow ribbons and I wouldn't
have known what you were tring to tell me if I saw one. My rule of thumb is
NOT TO run up behind ANY horse I don't know. A horse who is very well
behaved can have a bad day and kick at any time. I feel it is safer for
both riders and horses to keep your distance all the time.

Carol

Carol Robertson <roberc@pacific.net> Kelseyville, CA