ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] ECTRA

Re: [endurance] ECTRA

Linda B. Merims (lbm@ici.net)
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 02:31:21 -0500 (EST)

C. Morse wrote:
>KENNETH PLOUGH wrote:
>> What is ECTRA? I've never heard of it.
>>
>> Kimberly
>
>ECTRA is Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Association. They sponsor (is that
>the right term?) rides in the Northeast - New England and surrounds. I
>live in NH, and mostly planning on riding in Mass., VT, and some Maine (no
>NH rides this year that I've seen!).

I've heard vague rumblings on the grapevine that there is
some kind of trouble within ECTRA--some sort of internecine
disagreements that have caused the number and variety of rides
offerred these past few years to decline steeply in number. I'm
not sure whether this strife is supposed to afflict all of
ECTRA or just the New England branch.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net