ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] NATRC Clinic Grass Valley...we survived!

Re: [endurance] NATRC Clinic Grass Valley...we survived!

C. Morse (cmorse@reg.seresc.k12.nh.us)
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 06:09:44 -0800

KENNETH PLOUGH wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Mystery and I went to the above and it went really well for us.
> The 4 hour drive was no problem, we met a few of you (Jim Ferris, Susan
> & daughter Casey) and other really nice people, and there were horses
> there that were greener then Mystery! Plus, I didn't get dumped, even
> when he did that sideways bucking action into a group of riders (who
> knew we were green and moved away REAL fast). They said this clinic
> would be harder than a ride since we had so many stops / goes / etc and
> could not even trot so the energy level for the horses was really high.
> It was a great experience and a good beginning towards the goal of
> completing a NATRC or AERC ride (probably NATRC first....)
>
> Does AERC put on any training clinics of this nature for new or
> potential members and greenies?
>
> Happy & safe riding to all... Spring has sprung, yeah!
>
> Kimberly (& Mystery the Morab...very happy to be back on green pasture
> again..... ), Petaluma, CA.

I'm in ECTRA, and compete in the New England area. I will be attending a
15-mile clinic on April 13, similar to the above. This will be my second
competitive ride (although we attended other organized trail rides and one
competitive ride last year), and my first ride of 96. I'm looking forward
to this immensely!

Caroline & Miss Kitty (Appy!)

--
"We're Starfleet officers... weird is part of the job."
          Capt. Janeway, U.S.S. Voyager