ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Olympics TV update!

Re: [endurance] Olympics TV update!

Linda B. Merims (lbm@ici.net)
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 21:29:12 -0500 (EST)

At 12:09 PM 3/22/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi - just got some news - I'll pass on same as I have it:
>(from the Washington State Horse Council news)
>NOTICE:
>Olympic Broadcast Update!
>Today just before press time, Editor received a call from an Ed Markey,
>stating that he was calling from NBC. He made several very carefully worded
>statements. He chastised us for our article, stating we had not checked the
>facts and asking that we publish the following;
>1. The broadcast schedule has not been announced.
>2. The prelinary schedule is close to the final.
>3. There will be prime time coverage of 3-day cross country on July 23 & 25.

Unfortunately, "prime time coverage" can mean almost anything.
There was "prime time coverage" of cross country at the Barcelona
Olympics. In prime time, they displayed about 5 minutes of
5-second visual "bites" of horses falling down over the course,
with particular emphasis on that Russian horse who couldn't
get up. That was the "prime time coverage."

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA