ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Mobile phones

Re: [endurance] Mobile phones

C. Morse (cmorse@reg.seresc.k12.nh.us)
Sat, 09 Mar 1996 04:03:59 -0800

Leif Neland wrote:

> Are you allowed to use cell-phone or radio?
>
> Here in Denmark, the rules say you are not allowed to be in
> radio-contact with anybody during the ride.
>
> The rules *doesn't* say you can't *carry* a phone, so an idea would be
> to put the phone (without battery) in a plastic bag sealed by the organizers.
> This bag should then be inspected at the end of the ride. If you had used the
> phone, you were out.
>
> BTW, sattelite navigation systems are now both affordable and carryable. Does
> the rules say anything about that?
>
> Leif Neland
> Internet: leif@roskildebc.dk
> --

I don't know of anything in ECTRA rules that says I can't have one, but
I'll be sure to check carefully before my next ride. I always carry a
cell phone on my training rides, and plan to carry it on my competitive
rides. If anyone knows of any prohibitions against this, please let me
know!

Caroline & Miss Kitty (Appaloosa)

--
"We're Starfleet officers... weird is part of the job."
cmorse@reg.seresc.k12.nh.us