ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] brand inspection cards

Re: [endurance] brand inspection cards

Heather G (heatherg@comtch.iea.com)
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 19:41:11 -0800

Roger Garlitz wrote:

> What happens if your from out of state. I want to ride in the Tevis. I live
> in Texas. What kind of problems will I run into crossing into California?
>
> "Endeavor to Persevere" , Roger Garlitz
> Cowboy Country http://www.txranger.com
> The Internet West Starts Here

I understand that this brand registration shows ownership and should be
recognized by all states you're traveling thru...of course, you'll need
to check into the required vet requirements and when I moved from CA to
WA, I got a Health Cert and Coggin's Cert done for my horse, in case I
was stopped at any borders, which I wasn't. 2 horse rigs don't draw that
much atten as do 4 horse + rigs. One fellow endurance racer up here in
WA has a matching gooseneck 4 horse and truck, look "professional" and
she has been stopped more than once and they give her a hard time that
she isn't racing for prize $ and generally give her a hard time. That is
the only instance I know of anyone being stopped.

Heather G.
Spokane,WA