ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] brand inspection cards

Re: [endurance] brand inspection cards

Heather G (heatherg@comtch.iea.com)
Sat, 09 Mar 1996 11:58:52 -0800

>maven@eznet.com (Allen Randall)) wrote:
>
> Hi All!, on the "left coast", (actually, Wash., Id., Ore., Mont.) we not
> only need a Health Cert. but a "brand inspection" card.

Al is right, but it is a very easy thing to get and have, you can get a
brand inspection card from the local county livestock inpector, usually
the stockyards, and you can get a lifetime card for $25.00 and a one
year card for $15. I made an appt with the livestock inspector, hauled
to the stockyards, they took a picture of my horse and that was it. They
gave me a temp permit and sent me the card a few weeks later. I
understand the inspector will also make house calls for a nominal cost
if you have a herd to register. Definiety worth the effort if yu'll be
traveling.

Heather