ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] clipping in April???

Re: [endurance] clipping in April???

Tina Hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 11:26:50 -0600

At 3:12 PM 3/8/96, Sue Cunningham wrote:
>> NO NO - don't clip - waaayyyy too late in the season. Horses start
>> getting in their summer coat mid to late January - any clipping after that
>> will nick the ends of the summer coat and it will look like crap all
>> summer.

Sue wrote...
>This is what I have always been told, but we do sometimes clip them
>completely out in March and their summer coats come through just
>fine.

Hmmm...maybe I'll have to change my stance on the issue :-> I was thinking
of my horse based on where I live - AL - he's half shed out now ( and its
22 outside right now :-<) and, since I train and condition in the same heat
my rides are in, it would never occur to me to clip for a summer ride or
show. I guess depending on your training conditions vs. ride conditions, it
may be the smartest thing to do. Clip away <vbg>

Tina Hicks, hickst@nichols.com
Andy (dal) (those were geese *decoys*???)
Tony (Arab) (I'm reliable - I *always* spook and run when I see a plastic bag)
8 fatcats (feed us, pet us, be our slaves and we will let you live with us)
one husband
Huntsville, AL