ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Saddle Summary: Database

Re: [endurance] Saddle Summary: Database

Glenda Glass (sage@volcano.net)
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 00:57:02 -0500

At 08:58 AM 3/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>OK--here's what I need: a list of the available saddles that are being
>used routinely for CTR and endurance, weight & build of the rider (no
>blushing allowed), problems encountered (rider &/or horse), problems
>solved (rider &/or horse), investment of time and money (this is more
>significant that it appears at face value). Have I forgotten/overlooked
>anything?
>
>.For the Saddle Database:

Sharon Saare saddle. My stats: 135 lbs, 5'5", average build. Cost about
$950 several years ago. Used so far for conditioning, trail riding, 25 mile
rides, hope to move up to 50 milers this year (if it ever stops raining so I
can condition). Only problem encountered is some rubbing over the loins
when horse is not sweaty and I'm sitting; solved by Sharon's no-scrub pad.
This is the only saddle I ride in, very comfortable. I highly recommend it.

Glenda & the demon mare Tili