ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] saddle shopping

Re: [endurance] saddle shopping

lee clark (laclark@unm.edu)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 08:05:25 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996 MarkyMart@aol.com wrote:

> Hi every one, I need some of your expert help and advice. I am going to buy
> an endurance saddle and need some feed back.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> happy Trails,
>
> Bobbi & Shai

I, too, am shopping for a saddle. However, I am looking at the Boz
saddle and the Desoto. I read all the postings a while back about the
Desoto, all of which were positive, and downright glowing. Anyone have
any negative comments about the Desoto? A friend has the Boz saddle and
will let me try it out, something I can't do with the Desoto. She says
the Boz is a flexible tree, which sounds like a good idea, but she weighs
maybe 100 pounds, so could probably ride anything. I weigh between 130
and 135 pounds. Any comments on flexible trees for someone in my weight
range? Any comments at all about both saddles would be much
appreciated. Oh, I ride mostly competitive trail, and also just alot of
pleasure rides in the mountains, which means I sit alot. I was
originally interested in the Sport saddle, but some people on this list
said that it wasn't very good if you sit alot, rather than in the 2 point
position. I want to try some endurance, but will be riding in the back
of the pack for completion, not to win.
thanks for any information.

Lee