ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] saddle shopping

Re: [endurance] saddle shopping

Diane E. Nelson (nelsonde@ttown.apci.com)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 08:47:45 -0500 (EST)

For the type of horse you describe, the Sport Saddle may be your best
bet. Do you know anyone with a model you could try? The seat size will
be very important & it would be a good idea to try out a few sizes
first. Also you'll want to see how the stirrup bar equivalent is
positioned--depending on where your leg hangs you can get the leathers
offset back 1/2" or so to accomodate your anatomy. My horses LOVED
theirs--I could never get used to the wide seat so I sold mine.
Also tried the Skyhorse--again horses smiled, but I needed more in front
of the saddle--felt like I would pitch-pole off. All very personal things.
Really wish we had one huge "endurance" store where we could go try on
everything first!!
Diane @ Safe Haven (still looking for a saddle-Albion Didn't work out)