ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance]:vetting a novice

Re: [endurance]:vetting a novice

Diane E. Nelson (nelsonde@ttown.apci.com)
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 08:19:44 -0500 (EST)

Sue--you might try practicing some TTEAM work at home--on the ears, lips,
tail, etc. I found with my mare that if I do tail massage, she drops
into a dream-like state (for her, this is all relative, of course) and it
seems to distract her enough to keep still. After a year of competition
she is now pretty mannerly for vetting. And if your competitive rules
allow it a chain over the nose sometimes does the trick--shows you mean
business, pay attention!

Good luck-
Diane @ Safe Haven
Allentown, PA