ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Olympic Equestrian TV Coverage -- Not ?

[endurance] Olympic Equestrian TV Coverage -- Not ?

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 18:01:00 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 17:17:39 -0800 (PST)
From: JOSEPH PETER UHLARIK JR <jpu@kaiwan009.kaiwan.com>
To: ZIMMERMA@nnews2.nbc.com
Cc: endurance@moscow.com, mehallmark@aol.com, vpt@cruzio.com
Subject: [endurance] Olympic Equestrian TV Coverage -- Not ?
To: ZIMMERMA@nnews2.nbc.com Cc: endurance@moscow.com, mehallmark@aol.com,
vpt@cruzio.com Subject: [endurance] Olympic Equestrian TV Coverage -- Not
?

To: Mark Zimmerman

Mark,

According to reports that I have heard, NBC does not intend to have
camera crews at the equine events during the Summer Olympics. I have
send two messages to NBC and have heard nothing to contradict that
report.

I did receive in one repy from NBC that the pre Olympic equine trials
would be carried by ESPN. Also it was stated that the television
coverage schedule was not to be finalized until one month prior to
the Olympics. That last part is consistent with your reply to Tommy
Crockett.

However, it will be very difficult to met the logistical demands in
a sufficiently timely fashion if NBC waits until one month prior to the
Olympics before beginning to plan for camera positions and the many other
things that go along with producing a "world class" television production.

Everything, including your reply to Tommy Crockett, are fully consistent
with NBC *NOT* providing television coverage of the equine events
during this summer Olympics.

I hope I am wrong. Unfortunately, all the evidence strongly suggests that
I am correct in my assessment of the situation. It is one time that i
really would prefer to be wrong. In fact there are also a lot of other
folks that would like to see my assessment of this situation be in error.

Awaiting your reply

Joe jpu@kaiwan.com