ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] No Equestrian Coverage

Re: [endurance] No Equestrian Coverage

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 17:55:19 -0800 (PST)

This is a good idea, but I must stress that NBC has not yet announced
what they are and aren't going to cover. So letters and e-mail to
sports@nbc.com will be most helpful. <hat in hand> I'm glad to see that
Susan is continuing to do such good work in this regard. :-)

As I understand it, at present, there are plans in the works for a cable
broadcast of the "triplecast" Olympics. ABC resold their rights in
Barcelona and NBC apparantly will do the same. So never fear you can go
this route or if you live where cable isn't available rent Primestar for
a month.

Equestrian events were well covered in Barcelona by the triplecast.
Remember when the American crash in X-T held up the program for about two
hours? The ABC guy who was doing the "play by play" a regular football
announcer had no idea of what to talk about for all that time. Not a clue
as to what X-T or horses are about. It's a little annoying with the split
screen and all, but such is life.

On 13 Feb 1996, Pam Haynes wrote:

> To All,
>
> According to the most recent issue of Trail Blazer:
>
> "NBC has obtained exclusive broadcasting rights to the upcoming Olympic
> Games and has no plans to broadcast equestrian events as they are considered
> a "minor" sport.
>
> If you would like to help change their mind and consider equestrian events
> worthy of television coverage, write to:
>
> David Neal
> Coordinating Producer
> NBC
> 30 Rockefeller Plaza
> New York, NY 10012
>
> or E-mail them at:
>
> marketing@NBC.com
>
> Please make your opinions heard!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~