ridecamp@endurance.net: Regumate (was Re: [endurance] Nasty Mare)

Regumate (was Re: [endurance] Nasty Mare)

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 09:50:30 -0800 (PST)

I used in on my TB mare who showed USCTA. Since a mare in heat can ruin
your dressage scores it solved a multitude of problems. I would advise not
to go with the suspension. As someone else mentioned the liquid, if
absorbed is unpleasant for human females. One must wear latex gloves
everytime you use it. Even human males. It's a harmone, progesterine. The
other downside??? The suspension is EXPENSIVE. Depending on your vet's
generousity anywhere from about $300 to $400 a liter. OUCH! Flossie
adapted to it very well and behaved wonderfully. She cared little about
the cost factor. <VBG>

Talk to your vet about the IMPLANTS. They cost more like 75 bucks and
last about 6 months. The very small scar made by the incision virtually
melts away after time. So figure the cost of 10 cc of regumate in liquid
form a day over that same 6 month period and the savings are substancial.
75 bucks compared to up to 800. <Whew>

Joe Bob Briggs says "Check it out!"

:)

On Sat, 3 Feb 1996 JBagford@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Everybody!
>
> I need some advice. Does anyone have any experience with Regumate or any of
> the other products designed to regulate (or suppress) a mares heat cycle? Is
> this something that can legally be used in a horse prior to a race (could you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~