ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Nasty Mare

Re: [endurance] Nasty Mare

CMikeT@aol.com
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 10:37:58 -0500

In a message dated 96-02-03 22:37:01 EST, JBagford@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with Regumate or any of
>the other products designed to regulate (or suppress) a mares heat cycle? Is
>this something that can legally be used in a horse prior to a race (could
you
>be disqualified for using drugs on the horse?)

Regumate is the best method that we currently have for keeping mares out of
season during a competition. It can be used as often or as continuously as
your wallet can endure.

It does not increase your horse's performance; it just prevents something
from temporarily decreasing it. Regumate is legal for use in Endurance
horses when given properly as directed on the label unless otherwise
prohibited (eg. by your state or local show rules).

Mike

C. Mike Tomlinson, DVM
Tomlinson Consortium
501-D West Redlands Blvd.