ridecamp@endurance.net: 20 Mule Team (Was Re: [endurance] endurance/appropriate topics)

20 Mule Team (Was Re: [endurance] endurance/appropriate topics)

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:06:12 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, JENNIFER H LAYMAN wrote:

> I understand that large qty of messages is an issue for people (it
> should be for me too - I hardly ever work anymore), but I hope the
> group can come to an agreement. I've learned a great deal from all
> of you.

my last $.02 on the subject. I went to Montana for 2 weeks during
December and didn't turn off my subscription. What Ho! It took me about
30 minutes to read the relative smattering of highly informative
Endurance mail. <IMHO> the point is rather moot when the mail is a
trickle in most respects. Now if my server charged me by the message,
perhaps anything above and beyond would be bothersome. So I suppose I can
understand both sides of the coin.

Now onto my main point. The Rebel Prince and I feel well enough now to
tackle 20 Mule Team. If anyone wants to trot alongside the old coot at 8
miles per hour lemme know. Frankly he's always needed other horses to
"pull" him along and his old pals from before his retirement are just too
fast for him. BTW it's the 50 miler. You can ask Jackie where I am or
just look for my Black and Silver (with a white Gemtop camper shell) Ford
F250 extended cab pickup with a Blue WW 2 horse trailer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~