ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] body condition scoring system

Re: [endurance] body condition scoring system

MARISA---,'-@ ("MARISA---,'-@")
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 17:34:50 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Dawn Engle wrote:

> The condition scoring system (as I was taught it):
>
> body score 3- thin: some fat over ribs and backbone (individual vertebrae not
> seen but ribs still easily visable)
> body score 4- moderately thin: negative crease along back; ribs faintly visable;
> (most racing TB's fall in this category)

Thanks alot for posting this!! I would say Special is between 3 & 4.
Probably closer to 3. Ribs visible (rear ribs more visible), hip bones
too pointy, can't see individual verterbrae or back bone. For those who
asked--she's 15/16 arab, light "classic" body type. I've never seen her
"heavy", she just doesn't carry alot of weight.

I would really like to know where other people's horses are!

purpl2@teleport.com ** Sucks! **
Portland, Oregon **********************