ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Vosal (fwd)

Re: [endurance] Vosal (fwd)

Lucie A. Hess (lhess01@mail.coin.missouri.edu)
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 10:42:20 -0600 (CST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 10:15:48 -0600 (CST)
From: Lucie A. Hess <lhess01@mail.coin.missouri.edu>
To: Judith Hall <hall@cc.denison.edu>
Cc: In@endurance
Subject: Re: [endurance] Vosal

I use a Vosal and LOVE it. I have a very strong-minded Appaloosa who
thinks his name is WHOA DA-- IT, and other unprintable names. I have
tried multiple combinations of bits, and several types of mechanical
hackamores. The Vosal is the only thing he will pay attention to. I can
slow him down and even get him to pay attention with very subtle squeezes
of my fingers. Pretty good for a horse who you often had to really haul
back on. Yes, I will agree that it sounds like a training problem, but
he was my first horse and now I know alot more about not setting up bad
habits.. You could say we grew up together. I don't feel that the Vosal
is cruel or inhumane, it seems to put the right amount of pressure where
it is needed without alot of severity. I have not used it on my part-
Arab as he goes quite nicely in a eggbutt snaffle. I got my Vosal from the
Australian Connection and it has a special headstall that can be
purchased for it. I really like it, and I wish it hadn't taken me so
long to find it. Lucie, Columbia, Mo.