ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Mountain Lions

Re: [endurance] Mountain Lions

The Purple Demon (purpl2@teleport.com)
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 18:02:18 -0800 (PST)

On 2 Jan 1996, Val Weizer wrote:

> REGARDING Mountain Lions
>
> We have a small family of mountain lions on our ranch. Cattle and horses the
> horses are in stalls paddocks and pasture. the cattle free range. I think we
> lost one calf once in the last couple of years. I have seen the cats for
> about 5 years and no problems have ever occured. I have trotted down the
> trail on one of our mountain ridges with the female about 50 feet in front of
> me. She would look back to check to see if I was still there about every 20
> feet and eventualy we took different trails. Other than my horses snorting to
> let me know where they are I have never had a problem.

For real? This is very nice to hear! I've read all the "what to do
stuff", and listened to my "old timer" grandpa's advice. But, I still
worry about what I would do if I ran into one. (Ever since a cougar
family moved into our area) It's nice to hear from someone who has.

Ma The Purple Demon ---,'-@ ** Good things **
sa purpl2@teleport.com--Ptld. OR *** who...whine!! ***