ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Ticks & Mountain lions

Re: [endurance] Ticks & Mountain lions

The Purple Demon (purpl2@teleport.com)
Wed, 27 Dec 1995 17:27:53 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 26 Dec 1995, PLOUGH wrote:

> ps, we have a mountain lion on the ranch..has anyone had any problems
> with lions and full grown horses???

We have a couple of mountain lions (Cougars) in the area around my mom's
house. I used to go up, spend the night, and picket line Special. But I
don't anymore, not since they were spotted.

My aunt & uncle, who live down the road, just bought a horse for my
niece. The had to put up all new fence anyway. So they put up 7 foot
high, electrified, 6 strand wire. They figure this out to keep the
cougar out. Looks a little like a concentration camp though.

On the same topic... a couple of weekends ago, I was out "brushing". I
was a long ways from a trail, and ran across a deer carcass. It was too
far from a trail to be shot by a hunter. And one whole haunch was torn
completely off. So whatever did it had to be BIG! It was pretty old,
and for that I was thankful. I didn't want to run across the owner.

Ma The Purple Demon ---,'-@ ** Good things **
sa purpl2@teleport.com--Ptld. OR *** who...whine!! ***