ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #244

[endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #244

rsantana@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Fri, 22 Dec 95 14:59:00 +0800

//--- forwarded letter > ------------------------------
> ------------------------------
>
> From: MarkyMart@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 19:01:18 -0500
> Subject: Re: [endurance] Re: endurance-digest V1 #241 Besides my own
>name, address, and
> medical information, I also include a description of my horse, my barn
> locattion and my vet's phone number. That way if I'm ever injured out oon
> the trail whoever finds me not only will be able to call for help they'll
> know who to call.
>
> As I type this another idea comes to me, you know those prepaid pet tags that
> you pay for and send the card in with the info on them? That would be a
> great prize, you could put your horse' s ID on there with your phone and the
>
> Happy Trails
>
> Bobbi & Shai (who is going to get one of those tags)
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of endurance-digest V1 #244
> *******************************

Good Idea. In fact my wife started putting thos plastic ID tags on our
halter/bridles about 3 years ago. I has my name and phone number on it so should
I become disconnected from my horse on the trail at least the horse will be
identified. Of course identifying me could be another problem, (especially after
he stomps me into the ground)!!!!
Actually that brings up a behavioural trait an old trainer taught me. A horse
almost never wants to run you down. I've come off my horses over the years
plenty of times (helmeted of course) and they always seem to take every effort
to avoid my flying body, or limp frame as the case may be!

Ray Santana
UC Davis Medical Center
Network Operations
raymond.santana@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu