Subject: [endurance] easy boots
Author: Karen Steenhof <ksteenho@eagle.idbsu.edu> at CCMAIL
Date: 12/14/95 7:28 AM

I've been interested in the thread on Easy Boots. I've only used them
twice--when I lost shoes on rides--and they worked great.

I'm curious that the regular users have not stressed the need to cut
out the back part. I know lots of people who automatically trim them
down when they first get them. I also have seen lots of horses with
bloody heels on rides when their owners did not trim their easy boots.
Do any of you have more experience with this and any specific
recommendations?

I always carry an easy boot with me on rocky rides or when the
shoes are getting old. I have a great easy boot carrier that I
copied from one that Bob Morris had. It's made of leather with a
sheepskin backing and clips easily to d-rings or breast collars. I'm
surprised that noone has picked up the idea and started marketing it.
Teddy, are you interested?

Karen Steenhof
Boise, Idaho