ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] rolling after a race

[endurance] rolling after a race

Stacy A Berger (Stacy_A_Berger@ccm.sc.intel.com)
Mon, 27 Nov 95 08:02:00 PST

Text item:

>My greatest embarassment in 17 years came when Kahlil was having a
>good roll after a ride, and then cramped painfully when he came up.
>I rushed him to the vet, who decided to give fluids just to be on the
>safe side.

I have witnessed many, many horses that have had cramping problems after
they have successfully completed a ride. These are horses that came thru
with flying colors. As a result, I no longer allow my horses to roll after
a ride for 6 hours. Does any one know why this can cause a problem?

Stacy Berger
Morgan Hill, CA

Text item: External Message Header