ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] saddles

Re: [endurance] saddles

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 09:12:20 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire wrote:

> >deposit check and Viola... some weeks later John has made you a custom
> >fitted saddle that exactly fits your horse's back!!!
>
> That's great if the horse never changes but what happens as the horse
> muscles up getting fit or if you change horses? I've seen so much change
> in how the saddles fit as I work my youngsters that I'm real leary of
> anything that doesn't allow for modification. My horses' backs change
> just from summer twinter even when they are being worked regularly.

I've used it for two seasons without ANY DISCOMFORT IN REBEL'S BACK. When
I used a Stubben endurance model he had cronic back pain and had been
pulled for going to his knees when one vet checked his back running his
thumbs down his spine.. For 900 bucks throw the dang thing when you retire
a horse. It's worth it to insure a healthy animal. 'Nuff said. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~