ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] AHSA Horse Show Magazine

Re: [endurance] AHSA Horse Show Magazine

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 12:45:50 -0800 (PST)

Regular Membership 75 bucks a year November to November. Sustaining is 45
bucks a year (I think.) You get everything with a sustaining except the
million dollar liability insurance and you can't compete under a
sustaining in AHSA reconized shows. They are few and far between unless
you're competing on Gran Prix level in dressage or "A" circuit HJ. I am
or rather have been an upper level dressage rider and I only compete in
max 2 AHSA reconized shows a year. Most of mine are CDS. You get a break
on price if you're a member of USDF or a like association. I'd like to
see that for AERC as well, but I guess that's down the line somewhere.
<sigh> These memberships get expensive. I belong to AHSA, USDF, USCTA,
AERC and CDS. Aound 3 "c" notes a year. Sheeze!!!

to join AHSA write ...

Membership committee
American Horse Shows Association
220 E. 42nd St.
NY, NY 10017-5876
212-972-2472 fax 212-983-7286

You do get a really outstanding magazine evern for a sustaining
membership entitled Horse Show. It might not really be worth your time
unless you show dressage, event or jumper though. <IMHO>

tommy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET@cmsa.berkeley.edu~