ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Prizes

Re: [endurance] Prizes

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 16:13:01 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 Ann wrote:

> We are planning for next July's ride and wanted to
> solicit input on prizes from this lively bunch.

Tar Springs gives a choice between a bucket and a nice belt buckle (even
for the L.D.) After you have one there's really no sense in getting
another one so you have to do the option thing. I betcha Skip Dyke at the
Santa Maria (Ca.) Elks (the ride manager) wouldn't mind sharing his source
with you. Pewter or Brass so they aren't real expesive kind of a copy of
the Tevis buckle it could easily be retooled to put any ride name on it.

I personally really like tees too. They wear out but if you ride 15-16
rides a year you can rotate. :) The only thing that sometimes bugs me is
when the ride manager overorders and then they sell 'em off the following
year. Makes you feel like you worked hard and earned yours for the heck of
it. (sorta)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET.cmsa.berkeley.edu~