ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Longleaf 25/50/100 (fwd)

Re: [endurance] Longleaf 25/50/100 (fwd)

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 18:05:47 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Samm C Bartee wrote:

> do you guys do the LD category? Do you award a BC? Since you don't do
> order of finish, how do you call out finishers? by alphabetical order?

Hi Samm,

I totally understand the thread here. It's strange for B.C. the vet
generally tells the top finishers they are being tested for B.C.
Otherwise when completion awards are given most rides call names in a
random order. At Sunland I noticed the ride manager shuffled the cards more
or less and made a list from the random order. There are very few rides
that don't have L.D. so it comes up at every ride. Every manager tends to
handle it differently. Often they call for completion awards in the order
of finish but won't give times.

I've always wanted to come east and try a few Southern rides. Here we have
rock and Mountains, but no humidity. I think it would be a real challenge
to compete in the 80% and up catagory. (for my horse) I have a feeling
he would be at a loss attempting a longer ride in Tenn or Mississippi
during the Summer. Also it's just so far. Maybe one of the East Texas Rides
someday. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I know it's something the regional directors have
been tossing around for some time. Still since I'm not at those meetings I
don't know. I can't find my last year's AERC yearbook, but would be
interested to see if they posted ride times and order of finish in that
last year. I seem to remember they swere in random order with no times but
can't swear to it.

Cya L8r,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET.cmsa.berkeley.edu~