ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] RE: Boots

Re: [endurance] RE: Boots

Jim Ferris (jferris@cwa.com)
Wed, 1 Nov 95 06:22:15 PST

NATRC does not allow pads, except rim pads of uniform thickness all around
no more than 3/16" thich. Also, any shoeing that protects the frog (bar
shoes of any kind) and wedge shoes are not permitted. You cannot start
a ride with an easyboot, but one may be used during the ride but the
horse is eligible for completion points and mileage only. All of the
shoeing rules in NATRC are currently under review. We are also looking at
our rules about riding for mileage only. There has been an interpretation
of our "Hors de Concours" rule (riding not in competition), that says
any horse being ridden must conform to all our rules including the
shoeing rules above. From what I understand. this was not the intent of
our founding fathers (or mothers!), but was intended for horses that
had pads, bar shoes, etc or any other artificial aid not permitted under
our rules, and, in the opinion of the veterinarian judge, would not cause
the horse any abnormal risk of injury or harm.

-Jim Ferris
jferris@cwa.com