ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Boots

Re: [endurance] Boots

Jim Ferris (jferris@cwa.com)
Tue, 31 Oct 95 06:27:13 PST

Joe, thanks for your comments. This is the very point that many NATRC
members and non-members are making. Perhaps coming from another discipline
might make a greater impact. With your permission, I will include
your email in a package I am preparing for presentation at our next
board meeting (in 10 days from now). Like any change, I dont expect
this to be changed overnight, but perhaps this will get the ball
rolling.

As a comment, the biggest complaint the naysayers have, is that a
horse that starts with points off, really has no chance of winning.
>From my experience on rides this year, on some rides this was true,
but on others it was not. I won a ride this year with minor interference
on 3 legs and I would have much preferred to have the option to
protect his legs abd lose some points up front (his shoeing was incorrect).

-Jim
jferris@cwa.com
Morgan Hill, CA