ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Boots

Re: [endurance] Boots

Jim Ferris (jferris@cwa.com)
Mon, 30 Oct 95 06:35:54 PST

Its interesting that you should ask this question. At a regional board
meeting this weekend, this very subject was raised. It is also being
looked at by the NATRC National Board (of which I am a member). This
subject is creating a great deal of division amongst our members. It
is largely a matter of philopsophy. Let me quote parts of the NATRC
philosophy as printed in our rule book:

"To demonstrate the value of type and soundness in the proper selection
of horses for competitive riding."

"To demonstrate the best methods of caring for horses during and after
long rides without the aid of artificial methods or stimulants."

I believe that NATRC needs to look at the issue you are raising and,
in fact, we are. Please write a letter (or email me) stating what you
would like us to do. The more input we get on this subject, the more
likely we are to address it. Anyone reading this who would like to
bring this or any other subject to the attention of the NATRC Board,
please write or email.

Send letters to:

Laurie Butterfield
NATRC Executive Administrator