ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] "Re: AERC fees"

Re: [endurance] "Re: AERC fees"

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 07:29:44 -0500 (EST)

I too am glad that they are keeping track of the records, I like to see who
is doing what...
Just a suggestion, maybe this could help the paper situation.
Why doesn't AERC get ON lINE and only send paper magazines to those can't
read the articles on line? I am also kind of upset that I paid them for a
stallion ad, and while they ran it, the first month was too dark and I don't
think anyone could see my horse. I complained but I still didn;t really get
an extra month. Then I only got one call on my stallion--it may be because
he is still new, but geez, are that few people reading it? The lady who did
call said she went through and was only looking for non gray stallions. Go
figure.

In message Thu, 26 Oct 1995 08:00:16 -0800 (PST),
Kathy Myers <Kathy.MYERS@syntex.com> writes:

> Yeah, but what they do is a lot of
> work. AERC is THE organization and
> they track a lot of info, field a lot
> of silly questions / phone calls. And
> they make the award MEAN something.
> Who would care how many miles Becky and
> Kazan completed in 1980 if the AERC
> didn't declare them National Champions
> for that year?
>
> Let's look at the real issue. I get...
> actually receive in my mail box... a
> nicely done / printed AERC newletter
> every month right on time. It has in
> it the most important information I
> want every month... who finished where
> in which rides. It is printed on very
> nice paper, not newsprint.
>
> What happened to Paper prices??? They
> DOUBLED!! And that's not going to
> be the end. Paper prices are going
> right out of sight. Paper is still
> being made out of wood... and trees,
> like trails, are getting very scarce.
> It's high time we start making paper
> out of something else!
>
> If you think AERC prices are getting
> bad, start thinking about what you
> are going to replace your toilet
> paper with.
>
> :) - kat
> kathy.myers@syntex.com

| Gwen Dluehosh "Pretty enough to show, |
| Desert Storm Arabians (| |)_____ tough enough |
| 2249 Mt. Tabor Rd / \ \__=___ to RIDE." |
| Blacksburg, VA 24060 (= + =) \___=___ |
| 540/953-1792 \ + / \__=____ |
| dluehosh@vt.edu | + | \____=___ |
| Endurance/racing ()+() \ _______ |
| halter stock available \_/ |