ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] New AERC Membership Fees

[endurance] New AERC Membership Fees

rsantana@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu
Thu, 26 Oct 95 12:16:52 +0900

The follow is excerpts from a few AERC membership concerns.
First of all Linda, you started a very big discussion here!

Next I think we should look at our Endurance News magazines for the last month and inside
we will find a financial statement.
As we would see, the AERC lost money last year. It also stands to lose more this year unless
they increase fees somewhere.In addition we can see that the convention in Reno is the biggest
money maker for the AERC. A lot of that money comes from vendors showing at the trade show.
In 1997 the convention will be held in the East. Most vendors who regularly attend in the West
will be there. So the AERC has to hope the East wiil have a supply of vendors for the 1997
convention. I attended the 1993 convention in Atlanta and can only say as a vendor I was very
disppointed. I did not make expenses for the trip! We will not be at the 1997 convention!
The dues do not pay for the magazine only.
The $5 fee for non-members is the choice of the ride manager. If they don't get it from
the rider then they pay it out of pocket to get their ride properly recorded by AERC.
Nina has the right idea in contacting you AERC board member!

Sandy, why cancel your ads and hurt them even more? I have found it to be the best targeted
dollars spent. We get very little response from Trail Blazer adds, it costs more per ad, and
the staff there invariably has messed up our copy we send to them! In addition the ads we sent
sometimes did not get printed! AERC EN has very reasonable rates and we get the best bang
for our advertising dollar.

Yes things could be better, so let's stop swhining and start helping with ideas and
suggestions to our board of directors. If they aren't responsive to the membership, vote them
out of office!

Ray Santana
UC Davis Medical Center
Network Operations