ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Fee increase

Re: [endurance] Fee increase

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 11:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, Kathy Myers wrote:
> > I think the AERC has done an excellent job over the years of
> > maintaining and supporting the sport of endurance. They are dedicated
> > to the sport, and I will certainly re-join, and I encourage everyone
> > else to do the same.
> > [ ... ]
> > Nick Warhol
>
> Yeah... I agree, Nick.
>
> I also think
> some people have a point. I'd like to
> see a breakdown of fees and expenses.

Well we know the AERC isn't out to make a big killing here. We're not
dealing with a for profit situation. I too have seen the accounting as
published and I'm sure costs are ever rising. It just seems to be a lot in
one full swoop. As I said before I will reinvest in the AERC. I'm fully
sure that we wouldn't have a sport if not for the work done by both the
salaried and the volenteers. What began as a Wendell Robie proposal
between friends that a horse and rider could indeed ride 100 miles of the
Western States Trail in 1 day has blossomed into a huge undertaking of
record keeping and MAKING SURE OUR HORSES ARE SAFE AND THE BEST
CONDITIONED ON EARTH.

As I said before I will renew my membership and continue to donate to the
Western States Trail Foundation. I'm unhappy with the new fee structure.
I plan on printing this message out and snail mailing it to the Admin
Offices. As it has been said here before that is the best course of
action. I'm very open to any new information not now accessable to me
that might convince me that my complaints are unfounded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tommy Crockett~Los Osos, California USA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~tomydore@goblin.punk.net~~DAMS028%CALPOLY.BITNET.cmsa.berkeley.edu~