ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] re: KY Jelly

[endurance] re: KY Jelly

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:11:36 -0500 (EST)

Unreplyable!SMTP!OutboundSyntaxError@mail.att.net writes:

> Gwen - I guess it would get sticky if it dried out. I used it on my
> neoprene girth when I first bought it to provide some lubrication until
> the horse worked up a sweat. It is interesting to me that your horse
> didn't sweat enough to prevent the KY drying out!

> Dave Bennett
Dave, I put it on him before we rode, and it fried out in about 15 minutes
of standing around. It may have had something to do with it being windy, but
I thought this stuff was a little more "sturdy" than it apparently is. I
suspect it would have worked better if I had a neoprene girth, but I was
just trying to prevent Aly from rubbing himself raw--he is almost exactly
like Lori Hayword's horse, Tabriz.
About him not sweating, well, he DOES sweat, but he seems to be such a good
athlete in spite of me that he doesn't sweat overly. He by no means has that
problem anhydrosis. It was also chillier than usual yesterday.
Gwen
| Gwen Dluehosh "Pretty enough to show, |
| Desert Storm Arabians (| |)_____ tough enough |
| 2249 Mt. Tabor Rd / \ \__=___ to RIDE." |
| Blacksburg, VA 24060 (= + =) \___=___ |
| 540/953-1792 \ + / \__=____ |
| dluehosh@vt.edu | + | \____=___ |
| Endurance/racing ()+() \ _______ |
| halter stock available \_/ |