ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Heart Monitor Troubleshooting

Re: [endurance] Heart Monitor Troubleshooting

Greg & Kathy Seibolt (bordrcrk@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 19:07:30 -0700

You wrote:

>Can someone outline the steps for trouble shooting a
>heart monitor thats not working ? I put mine away for
>over a year, and actually never used it, as my horse
>died just after purchase. First attempts to use it this year
>were unsuccessful....Thanks..

Have you tried calling Roger? He's been very helpful to us when we've
had difficulties. 717-229-2221...I think that number is still good. He
has a great trouble shooting newsletter/manual type "thing".

Generally, you're going to need a new battery in either the monitor,
the transmitter, or both. OR, you may have a "crack" or exposed wire
in the lead, OR the electrode patch is torn, OR you need to apply
(more) gel, OR you need to tighten your girth to get good contact, OR
you have your leads switched (Red is Right..girth), OR you need to
check placement of the electrode patches. I've made all the above
"errors".

Hope this helps

BTW, I'm really sorry about your horse. It must have been unexpected
if you had just purchased the HRM. It is so difficult to loose an
animal companion. I'm glad you're back in the saddle. Good luck.

Kathy
Tennessee, USA