ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Ride Name Correction

[endurance] Ride Name Correction

Frazier Matthew D (mdf442s@nic.smsu.edu)
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 15:44:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Dominique Freeman wrote:

> To be really blunt,I think the values of (non-cash) donations is fourfold:
>
> 1. Our sport is one of the few equine competitive endeavours which does not
> (or rarely) offer prize money in any form. This promotes the finish to win
> principle as well as placing more importance on the ride itself rather than
> possible monetary gain. Anytime money has been involved it has brought about
> the worst in out sport (c.f Okulmulgee Prowl several years ago).

Dear Dominique,
There is a minor flaw in this statement. The ride in question
where money was offered several years ago was not an endurance ride and
was held in Catoosa, OK. It was simply a jackpot race; which the
endurance group pulled out of. The Okmulgee Prowl also held in OK, is a
very well run ride and I did not want it being confused with the disaster at
Catoosa.

Matt