ridecamp@endurance.net: Fwd: [endurance] Very puzzling to me!

Fwd: [endurance] Very puzzling to me!

Unreplyable!SMTP!OutboundSyntaxError@mail.att.net
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 08:02:18 -0400

--------------- Included Message ---------------

From: V1V2:IDJ3Q.TVA.GOV
To: V1V2.TVA.GOV:TammyCS101_Tempx400
Subject: Re: [endurance] Very puzzling to me!

Tammy - This discussion is an ongoing thing... Those who do 50's or further
will say that the limited distance rides are not intended to be "races". They
are training/introductory rides. Those who do only limited distance will have
the opposite opinion. Personally, I think that if a person is doing limited
distance on a particular horse it should be because that horse is not ready to
do a more demanding ride. It takes a lot of time and LONG SLOW DISTANCE to
bring a horse to a point where it can do fast 50's. Limited distance was set
up to help with that introduction. For that reason, they should not be run
flat out to do 25 miles in 2-1/2 hours.

Dave Bennett
phone: (615) 751-3968
fax: (615) 751-3453