ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] How do you ride the trot?

Re: [endurance] How do you ride the trot?

Stephanie Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 09:42:49 +0800

> Hi- Another question from a neophyte... Do you post the trot or
> stand in the stirrups when trotting? I've read that many times
> people stand and I was wondering how tiring this is for the
> rider. Do you ever post? If you stand, then I assume your
> stirrups are adjusted to a length that lets you stay just above
> the seat when you stand? Thanks-Amy

Amy - for me, it depends upon the horse, the speed and the terrain.
I post whenever I can - making sure I periodically switch diagonals.
Trotting downhill or over rough terrain or at high speeds I find
it pretty tough to post. My saddle puts me over the stirrups, so
when I do stand the trot, its fairly effortless. It can be tiring,
until your legs stengthen. I've always wondered which is easiest
for the horse ...

Steph