ridecamp@endurance.net: [endurance] Re: TRUCKS!

[endurance] Re: TRUCKS!

Tina Hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 10:11:07 -0500

At 6:30 PM 8/23/95, MS LOUISE D BURTON wrote:
>Speaking of trucks, would people who have bought new Fords, or Dodges, or
>Chevys let the rest of us know: 1)What you have 2)how you like it
>3)problems 4)gas mileage
>Thank you very much!
>Louise Burton

About 2 months ago we bought an extended cab GMC Z71, 350, 5.7L V8 with the
towing package(heavy duty shocks, engine oil cooler, class IV hitch, HD
radiator and cooler), locking rear differential (Z71 is a 4X4). I pull a
two horse very-light Merhow so my trailer is much lighter than the average
trailer and the truck doesn't even know it is there. I have pulled heavier
trailers with a similar truck and have not run into any problems. I get
15mpg around town (I like the truck so much it is my everyday vehicle) and
about 12 -13 pulling. I feel like the cooler on the radiator is a must for
pulling and even more so down here where you may be pulling in 98 degree
heat...I love my truck!!!

Tina Hicks
Andy (shredding is a relative term - I like to call it recycling),
7 cats, one horse and one non-dog/non-horse husband
Huntsville, AL
hickst@puzzler.nichols.com