ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: legwear

Re: legwear

Unreplyable!SMTP!OutboundSyntaxError@mail.att.net
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:02:16 -0400

Unless you are having some problem with interference I would not put
wraps/boots on the horse. Also, a lot depends on what condition she is in
now. For instance, when I first took my present horse to rides I found that
he got clumsy after he became fatigued. Then he would interfere. Now that we
have over 500 miles completed, it no longer is a problem. Actually, I've had
more problem with minor scrapes while loading and hauling than while actually
riding. For that reason, I use shipping boots religiously.

I've seen several horses at rides with raw skin caused by sand or mud getting
between boots and the leg or fetlock.

Good luck with your first ride!
Dave
idj3q.office@mhs-tva.attmail.com

> Subject: legwear
>Greetings!
> I am somewhat new to the sport; I'm planning on my first 50 mile ride
>next month, and I've a question to posit. What do people recommend as far as
>protective legwear/wraps for the endurance horse? Thus far I am not using
anything >on my arab mare's legs, so, is this ok, safe, or if I should be using