ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: More concerns about Fred

Re: More concerns about Fred

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM)
Thu, 17 Aug 95 08:06:59 -0700

I don't know much about Fred, but he is an anglo-arab, grey, looks to
be at least 15.2, and in the neighborhood of 11 years old. They gave a
bio of him at the ride, but I wasn't a good reporter and didn't write
it all down. Fred is an extreemly good looking horse, showing the
characteristics of both his TB and arab ancestry, and has great bone and
clean legs considering the fast distance he's done this year. He was in
very good flesh at both ends of the ride. Awesome animal.

I watched him for a while at Michegan Bluff, as Matthews crew was set up
not far from where we were set up, and at that point the horse looked
fresh and ready for the next leg of the ride; he looked great.

When Matthew stated that he was for sale, right there at the finish line,
the whole crowd moaned and you could hear lots of comments like "how
could you sell a horse after winning Tevis and OD on him?". I don't get
the feeling from Matthew that there are many horses that have won his heart.
He certainly takes great care of them, this was a very well ridden horse,
but my feeling was that Fred was no pet in the way that my horses are pets.
He looked to have had a heck of a good life, none the less.

Great horse... I wish him a bright future with many green pastures.

Linda - Gilroy Ca.