ridecamp@endurance.net: Mail failure

Mail failure

POSTMASTER@uf4725p02.washingtondc.ATTGIS.COM
Sat Aug 12 17:12 EDT 1995

[002] Mail was received that was addressed to unknown addresses.
Mail item was not delivered to:
WASHINGTDC/UF4725P02/deardj

From: owner-endurance-digest@moscow.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 14:00:13 -0700
To: endurance-digest@moscow.com
Subject: endurance-digest V1 #95

endurance-digest Saturday, 12 August 1995 Volume 01 : Number 095

From: prevatt@lds.loral.com (Truman Prevatt)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 14:20:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Vet checks/number of riders etc

The type of gate Joe described are very useful, especially at the first few
vet checks where most horses arrive within a short span of time. After the
horses get spread out then it doesn't matter. But on a 50 with the vet
check at 12 miles, you would expect all the horses to arrive at the first
vet check in a half hour time window (50 horses in 1/2 hour can get very
confusing) and the method described by Joe is very useful.

Truman

>I'm wondering if the elaborate in gates/times in
>methods we are discussing are necessary at smaller
>rides...our ride in Idaho usually has 25-35 riders in
>the 30, 35-50 in the 50 mile ride and under 20 in the
>longer distances. Are these about the same numbers of
>people in rides in other parts of the country ?
>
>I'm interested in improving the flow through our
>vet checks, but have been thinking its a design
>problem. Like the idea of different areas for
>those ready to be checked. Hey Steph, I'm saving all
>these posts for ideas for next year !
>
>Ann

The race is not always to the swift, but to those that keep running.

Truman and Mystic "The Horse from HELL" Storm

prevatt@lds.loral.com - Sarasota, Florida
__