ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: race etiquette

Re: race etiquette

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM)
Thu, 10 Aug 95 15:17:01 -0700

On Aug 10, 4:24pm, F_SCHERERTA@TITAN.SFASU.EDU wrote:

> I still call out to people "passing on right or passing on left", that is
> how I was taught and that is how I taught my husband and children. Maybe
> ride managers should go over this with the new people and even the old
> people who forget that it is still suppose to be fun even though it is a
> competition.

>-- End of excerpt from F_SCHERERTA@TITAN.SFASU.EDU

This is a great idea. I have had to really get firm (well, obnoxious!)
with oblivious riders that use my horse as brakes, running into him rather
than pulling up...

"If your horses' nose is on my shirt, he's too <f***ing> close, okay?
Thanks."

One of the only times I'd welcome a case of projectile diarrhea ;^)!

Good sportsmanship and manners are qualities that we need to try and
encourage... they increase the feeling of comradre and friendship.

Linda

(counting the minutes till Tevis and wondering if she'll be able to restrain
the urge to steal a horse at the Bluff and race into town - Eeeehhaaaa! Heck,
it's only 30 more miles!!!!)

P.S. Hey Truman - The Tevis Yuppiemobile "Babe" (my new 1 ton Dodge Cummins
that someone called a yuppie truck on rec.eq, for those of you not connected)
is washed and shined and ready to roll - no horse trailer though.... kinda
spoils the picture ;^)