ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: gate-into-hold - how do you guys do it?

Re: gate-into-hold - how do you guys do it?

Stephanie Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 22:34:19 +0800

Joe - I'm very interested in this system. In the Northwest rides
your hold time begins after a p/r person verifies the pulse and
calls out your number. And as you mentioned this can get very
confusing and frustrating if there are more horses than p/r
people and everyone is calling for a pulse.

To get this straight - there are p/r people *only* inside the
roped off area? And your hold time begins as soon as you enter
the area? Do you ever have penalties for presenting for
a pulse too early?

This seems like a very reasonable system to
me. We'll definitely give it a try at our ride next year.

How do the International rides do their gate-into-holds? I know
that they will penalize for presenting too early - is there a
roped off area as you described?

Steph

(Welcome to the group Nikki!)