ridecamp@endurance.net: Re[2]: AERC Drug Policy

Re[2]: AERC Drug Policy

Stacy A Berger (Stacy_A_Berger@ccm.sc.intel.com)
Wed, 26 Jul 95 10:30:00 PDT

Text item:

>What is the answer - a pulished list of these substances and reliable test
>to identify these substances? I don't really know, it is a fairly complex
>issue. But these are the problems our directors get paid the big bucks to
>deal with!

Personally, I don't worry about this issue as I don't use drugs (or excessive
vitamins) on my horses. Nor do I compete to the extent that I worry about
"unfair" competition. I just ride my own ride and have a great time.

I assume that the reference to the directors getting paid the "big bucks" is a
pun. I believe that they are not paid at all, and the effort that they put out
as a volunteer should be commended. They are all working to better the sport
for all of us - regardless of anyone's personal opinion of how the individual
directors are doing.

A few years back this was a hot topic at the convention. As I recall Kerry
Ridgeway facilitated an open forum with questions/answers. Maybe there should
be another session at the next convention?

Stacy

Text item: External Message Header