ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Adequan Therapy

Re: Adequan Therapy

Stacy A Berger (Stacy_A_Berger@ccm.sc.intel.com)
Mon, 24 Jul 95 13:14:00 PDT

Text item:

I have a friend who's horse was having arthritis problems. The horse is only 12
years old, and they were concerned that he would not be rideable again after 8
months of minor lameness. They gave the horse a series of three shots, and the
horse is now sound again (1 year after original treatment!) The horse was a top
10 horse, and has completed Tevis. This year he has competed in a couple of
50's, but they have slowed way down. I also believe that he will be going to
Tevis this year.

>From what I understand (I am not a veterinarian, nor a scientist), Adequan is an
injectable form of chrodroitin sulfate (spelling?), the ingredient in Flex Free.
The veterinarian that administered the Adequan has indicated that the success of
this treatment was because no calcification had occured yet.

Anyways, my friend was very happy with the results. He was hesitant to try it
at first, since there are no guarantees and the Adequan was fairly expensive.

Stacy Berger
Morgan Hill, CA

Text item: External Message Header

Sender: owner-endurance@moscow.com
From: Jenny Bertrum <jab@rdo.srs.state.vt.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 12:34:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: Endurance List <endurance@moscow.com>
Subject: Adequan Therapy
(Smail3.1.28.1 #3) id m0saQks-0002Q6C; Mon, 24 Jul 95 09:53 WET DST