ridecamp@endurance.net: 25 Miler BC vs. 1st

25 Miler BC vs. 1st

TOMYDORE@holonet.net
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 13:25:27 -0700

CMIKET@AOL.COM wrote:

> There will always be the yahoos that race on a 25 miler. Nobody can
> that. When I am head vet at a ride I do not allow the order of finis
> announced. The riders all know, though, due to the boasting of the
> particular rider.

He he I remember you. I argued with you about my (rare) grey Arab
certainly not demonstrating signs of reinjuring his Suspensory. You
pulled him anyway. Well it only took around a year to recover. Don
Warden confirmed your diagnosis upon applying the nerve block. :) He'll
never again do another 100 miler, but because you pulled him he'll
probably get to go out with his pals again and take on the easier 50's.
In fact he's a schooling horse now. Teaching kids to ride rather then
standing around broken for the rest of his life. Thanks Mike. :)

Oh BTW, I understand your feeling about announcing the finish order for
limited distance, but unfortunately Endurance News Yearbook does. Still
out of the heat of the moment so it doesn't tend to inspire training
ride riders to haul butt.

Anyway see ya at some other ride somewhere down the line. (Maybe with
Rebel maybe a newbie) I have a WB foaling project going on now and my
event horses demand most of my attention. So all I can muster as far as
energy goes is in the USCTA right now, but I pay my AERC dues and will
soon be back to a decent schedule.

Adios,

Tommy

/\/\ Very Light and The Rebel Prince trained by...
/ \ Tommy Crockett, owner-mgr The Crockett Collection
~/(^ ^) Unique Designer Jewelry-Ornaments Los Osos, Calif
~/ ) ( tomydore@holonet.net*dams028@academic.calpoly.edu
~/ ( ) 805-528-7052 fax/bbs 805-528-1021
~/ ~~ "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make
~/ | him surf" Gary Proper
<*>

* RM 1.3 01282 * Unable to locate Ponies -- Operator Halted!