ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: NATRC vs. Endurance

Re: NATRC vs. Endurance

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM)
Fri, 7 Jul 95 07:08:28 -0700

I also feel that this is unfortunate. I wrote to AERC several years ago
protested giving a "1st Place" award to a 25 miler who's horse was run
almost the entire distance, and wasn't allowed to drink because it would
have jeapordized his placement. The horse got through the vets (by the
skin on his teeth) and that's all anyone cared about, I guess.

I would love to see "best condition" be the winner consistantly in all
AERC rides, but particularly for 25's. Someone mentioned that earlier,
and I really like the concept.

Linda Cowles
Gilroy California