ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Developing horse trails on publuuc lands

Re: Developing horse trails on publuuc lands

Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624 (linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM)
Fri, 30 Jun 95 15:51:27 -0700

Hi Nelson,

Nancy White is one of our very active trail advocates in the SF Bay Area
of California, a real hotbed of trail development controversy. She can
be reached at work at the Trail Center (?) at (408)983-0539, and can give
you names, numbers and statistics. She's part of a group of extremely
hard working trail advocates that does a magnificent job, and seldom
get's credit...

As trail users, we should take the time to give folks like her (and
yourself) a big hand for securing the playgrounds for endurance.

Nancy has been on the AERC Trail Advisory Committee for years, belongs
to numerous California trail associations, and is very well known to
all locals associated with Open Space, Trails, park planning.

I do a bit of this stuff myself, and this is a good step for you to take.
Becoming part of the formal County Parks Planning Process, joinging any
State/County Park volunteer programs and attending the Park and Recreation
meetings whenever possible will all help you promote your agenda.

Good Luck!

Linda Cowles
San Jose, California

On Jun 30, 3:57pm, NELSON BLACKMORE wrote:
> Subject: Developing horse trails on publuuc lands
> Hi,
> I am new to this list and hope this question is not inapproiate. In addition
to endurance our other passion is rideing wilderness areas. For the past
several years I have actively been working to develop trails in several state &
county parks and encounter a lot of foot draging. My question is whether any
of you might be able to direct me to info. on the net. or elsewhere that deals
with trail development in general & the economic & numerical aspects of
horseowner's usage of such trails. Put another way, I need satistics to show
county and state managers that there is a need & trail development will have a
benifical economic impact. I'll appreciate any help you may have.